Wednesday, March 29, 2006

How long is long enough ?

I once thought that age 50 is enough for me, that was when i was still in secondary school. Friends wondering why i got such thought. Why 50? Doesn't it sound 'short', they asked. Because the world is not peace, a lot of deadly deceases, disasters everywhere. 50 might be long enough for me to suffer all these. I look at my palm, my '生命线' is not long. I dont know how true is that by looking at it will determine how long is your life. I told my mom (joking-ly) that i cant company her till she old, i might have leave before her, coz she got a very long '生命线'. Let's just assume i got a short life - say 50, i am now 25, (damn, half of my life already) but i m glad that i m healthy, i am rich... with family, friends, love, health and happiness, BUT not the money i m rich with. Although it is enough for my daily use from what i earn, but i still have a lot of debts which might take me years to clear off. I dont have any illness (maybe not yet discover, who knows) or deadly deceases. Phew... Hmm, if i were to die at age 50, i guess i should now go marry. I want a very nice wedding dress. Travel as many place as i could, I wanna do bungee jump, I wanna participate in Amazing race, I wanna eat those delicious food that always show on TV, I wanna go to Disney land, Niagara waterwalls, Ice-hotel. I wanna ride a horse, snow skiing. etc etc ... Can all these be done before i leave the world? Ok, back to the question. How long is long enough? FOR NOW, i wish to extend my life to age 75 - 80. This is long enough. Hehe. Nothing in particular, I wanna complete the things i mentioned above, then i wanna see my kids grow up, my grandchild grow up, if possible, i wish to see my great-grandchild too. I wanna grow old with my man. I wan to make my parent live happily & comfortable as they have work very hard for us for so long. Why did not i mention my career ? Sorry, but i think others are more important for me. Career will only be my source of money. Dont argue with me about money and career. I got my own view. Career is not forever. I will be happy enough to have stable income. Yes, i wanna learn more about everything, but that does not mean i gotto apply a job related to what i learn. Say if i wanna learn cooking, do i need to be a cook in some restaurant? "Earn more money" is not my thing (yea i know i got a lot of debts, but i m paying off monthly already). ahh.. stop talking about money, a non stop arguement for life. See, I just wan a very simple life but hard to achieve. I had my very terrible moment in my life, i experience a lot of things which deal with relationships, money matter and family problem. I learned from those experiences which tought me what are important. My life sound almost perfect for me. What's less perfect? Yet to discover. Money is one of the issue already. Keke one last question, How long is long enough for you?

6 comments:

Reon said...

Hahah, why suddenly think about this?? It's still too young for you to consider the life after 50. Nothing is sure in future, so don't waste your prescious time now on something that no one can foresee the outcome. =)

Well, the length of your life doesn't really reflect the content of it. Is it a wonderful and meaningful life for you? Well, you need to work on it lah. Life is wonderful, if you work hard on it to make it happen. =D

Cely said...

I say my life is short, but i never said it's not wonderful.. My life is wonderful, but does not mean short life is not wonderful ma.

Off coz i will work hard for it to make it better.

short , can also be wonderful for me. I got enough money, healthy, love, family, i m happy. I have all these, i think it's wonderful enough lo.. :P
I dont worry about anything now. what's to worry about ? hehe.

What makes u think my 'short life' is not wonderful for me? reon?

I m not considering what will my life be AFTER age 50. I onli say i will live till age 50 wo, are u having the same understanding as mine? hehe.. i m not foresee la.. just imagine onli. imaginary is free... kakaka.. if i can foresee... i would rather be dead. I dowan to know what will be happening in my life... kakaka

cossie said...

i am rich... with family, friends, love, health and happiness, BUT not the money i m rich with...

bugger... didn't study accounts in school ar? plus me then you're filthy rich oredi lar. :P

Caker said...

It doesn't matter. The most important thing is live your life happily. No point being unhappy and suffer till 99 years old.

Cely said...

Yup, happiness is important.

kekeke..

cossie: i guess i m damn freaking rich now, with u~ ahaha

Airwind said...

i live to age 79 lor.. my year of birth and my age of death... sounds nice hor? put on my gravestone.. hehe

R.I.P.

In memory of James
Born 1979, died 79 years later...

Loooooooooooooooooooooooong Holiday

Back from long holidays... Alright, 3 days were not that long, but no more long holiday or public holiday until august, SAD SAD SAD ! Anywa...